Thursday, May 1, 2014

Living writers

Hi bloggers,

So basically I just want to write a little bit about the WPU Writers Conference I went to a few weeks ago. It was a little boring sitting through the lectures (not gonna lie) but overall it was helpful.
I learned about revision which is very important and basically little things like writers block tips. My favorite part was of course the actual workshop. I joined professor Liu's workshop and he's obviously amazing ( and also my adv. creative writing prof). He talked about poetry and line breaks. Who knew line breaks were so important? He did of course! So when you break a line in poetry it puts emphasis on the last word before the break. It makes it somewhat more dramatic and can make a big difference when it comes to interpretation.
P.s i thought this was extra credit but it's not ...boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment